Toy News has announced its top 12 toys for Christmas. These are the most sought-after toys in the United States and the UK that Toy News predicts will dominate sales… and maybe inspire a few toy line brawls.
- Baby Born with Magic Potty (Zapf Creation)
- Bakugan Starter Pack (Spin Master)
- Ben 10 Deluxe Omnitrix (Bandai)
- Catcha Beast (Bandai)
- Cupcake Maker (Character Options)
- Elmo Live (Mattel)
- FurReal Biscuit My Lovin’ Pup (Hasbro)
- High School Musical 3 Musical Dance Mat (Vivid)
- In The Night Garden Upsy Daisy and Her Chase and Play Bed (Hasbro)
- My Life (Flair)
- Rescue Pals Swim to Me Puppy (MGA Entertainment)
- Star Wars Clone Trooper Voice Changer (Hasbro)
This is ToyNews’s comprehensive list based on their analysis of the top top trends for boys, girls, and preschoolers. It’s interesting to see that classic ragdolls like the Upsy Daisy Plush doll is still winning young hearts as much as the electronic Star Wars Clone Trooper Voice Changer.
Also, the Baby Born with Magic Potty shows how lifelike dolls are finally entering the mainstream, after years of occupying a niche for educating teens about pregnancy and how to care for a bay. The Baby Born eats, sleeps, urinates, and babbles like a real baby.
Changing diapers was never such a precise task!
Another familiar theme includes the Cupcake Maker by Character Options. This is no “easy-Bake” Oven: the cupcake maker is even safer, for use in the microwave. The real treat seems to be the hundreds of possibilities for decorating the cupcakes once they come out of the oven. The best tea parties ever!
We expect that many of these items will be found no problem throughout the holidays, especially because the global economy predictors suggest that many people are cutting back on gift-giving this year.